HOW DOES IT WORK?
- To book, click the ‘book appointment’ button, email or call and begin your quick intake process.
- You will be prompted to create a profile within Jane App. This profile will require you to submit a credit card for session payments, and will be the profile you use to access your virtual appointments, and in-person information.
- Once created, you will be able to view associate availability and book your sessions online at your own convenience. However, you may email or call the office at any time to book a session.
- We recommend you download the free Jane App to your mobile device, should you be using your cell for virtual services.
Do you use hipaA & PIPEDA approved software for virtual sessions?
Yes. Jane App is HIPAA & PIPEDA approved, your privacy is of utmost importance to us.
HOW MANY SESSIONS WILL I NEED?
Everyones needs and story are unique, and as a result, treatment plans will vary. However, most clients begin with a few sessions close together to establish some tools and coping mechanisms; eventually spreading out over time and becoming less frequent.
HOW LONG ARE SESSIONS
Sessions are 55 minutes long, plus 5 additional minutes for booking and administrative tasks.
how much does it cost?
Family/Couples: $180 hr
Individual: $160 hr
Do you make referrals?
VOX Mental Health may make recommendations for particular services or referrals to other professionals if a service need falls outside the parameters of our competence and our professional scope of practice.
CAN I BE REIMBURSED BY INSURANCE?
Although VOX Mental Health does not do direct billing, or submit receipts on your behalf, services offered are generally covered by private health insurance benefit packages. However, coverage and benefits for traditional therapy and therapy services change from one health insurance company to another and from plan to plan. We recommend that you consult with your health benefits provider to ensure that your sessions are covered. Please keep in mind that our practitioners are registered Social Workers or Psychotherapists; some insurance companies differentiate between the two.
Note: As of September 26, 2012, counselling services provided by Registered Social Workers (RSWs) can be claimed as a medical expense tax deduction when you file your income tax return. In other words, Registered Social Workers are now authorized “medical practitioners” for the purpose of claiming medical expenses.
ARE MY SESSIONS KEPT CONFIDENTIAL?
Confidentiality is a high priority at VOX Mental Health. What this means to you as a client is that we will not disclose anything that is discussed within a session with anyone without your consent. There are some limitations to confidentiality that may require a release of information without consent. They are as follows:
- When a client is threatening harm to self
- When a client is threatening harm to others
- When there is a medical emergency
- When a child is “considered at risk”
- When a file is subpoenaed and must be handed over to the courts
Please note: In the case of couples counselling when individuals are seen separately, it is not always possible to maintain complete confidentiality with respect to the individual session(s) when couples sessions resume.
WHAT ARE YOUR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS?
Registered Social Worker (R.S.W) // Member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers // 250 Bloor Street East, Suite 1000, Toronto.
Cancellations & No Shows
Here at VOX we understand that life can be unpredictable and as a result, we have a 24 hour cancellation policy should you need to reschedule. To cancel, please notify the office via your Jane App profile, email or voicemail. Late cancellations or no-shows will be automatically charged for the session through the Jane App credit card system.
How does payment work
Payment is due at the time of service, and will be collected via the Jane App credit card system, via e-transfer or cash. Once charged, a receipt will be sent to the email assigned to your Jane App profile. Please keep your receipts to submit at year-end (if services are provided by a registered social worker) for a medical expense tax deduction, or to submit to your health benefits plan for reimbursement.